Monday, December 17, 2007

Auxilary Gymnasium

So you can imagine my panic while sitting at my daughter's first middle school JV basketball game when I glance to my left and notice the beautiful burned-wood sign hanging above the exit announcing that if you exit by that door, you will be in the "Auxilary Gymnasium". Hello. All I knew was that Auxilary was misspelled. The first thing I did when I got home that evening was spell-check Auxilary. I originally thought there should be two L's. But Auxilary is spelled AUXILIARY. So either the school paid for someone to create the sign and (a) no one noticed it was misspelled, or (b) people noticed but didn't want to hurt the misspeller's feelings, or (c) someone made the sign for free and you can't look a gift horse in the mouth. Surprise, surprise, it bugs me EVERY SINGLE TIME I am there.

No comments: