Saturday, April 12, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

The main goal when we left Montana at 8:15 a.m. Mountain Standard Time was to be home around 4:00 so I could nap for an hour or so before leaving for a dinner party we were invited to at 6:00. We kicked butt until we got to Snoqualmie Pass when we were stopped for the "Avalanche Control" festivities. In April. Anyway, we FINALLY made it home around 5:15, giving us about 35 minutes to get ready. After 10 hours in the car. I think that's going to be my new thing. I'm going to write a sentence and then follow up with a sentence fragment for emphasis. Anyway, we went to my daughter's teacher's house for dinner and had a great time. I didn't even allow myself to think that I didn't want to go. Who wants to go to dinner after driving home from spring break all day? Anyway, they served this great flank steak recipe, which will be my new favorite as soon as I get the recipe. I went ahead and drank as much wine as I wanted, knowing I could stay in bed till at least 10:30 (remember the days in college when getting up at 11:00 was early?). So I've had to deal with a wine headache all day, but it was worth it.

Since the Fiedler family is officially a Guitar Hero family, I made a Guitar Hero playlist for the iPod for the car. I also put the playlist on the iPod Samantha uses. She knows ALL the words to all the songs. I must admit, it is a little disturbing to hear your 6-year-old singing "Talk Dirty to Me" while listening to her iPod. I guess GHIII is rated T for Teen for a reason and not 6 for 6-year-olds.

Samantha and her friend were jumping on the trampoline this afternoon and her friend came in to get me to tell me Samantha was hurt. When I asked her what happened, she told me Samantha had bent her knee. See, in my house, this is a common complaint. I'm not sure she realizes that knees were made to BEND. Oh well, nothing a Tums won't take care of!

No comments: