Thursday, July 17, 2008

14,000 or 466 days

I know it's been awhile since I've posted anything. I've been busy trying to get work done, in between swim lessons, soccer practice, and trying not to wish TOO hard that school was starting tomorrow. Seriously, I talked to two other moms this week who were totally sick of their kids being home. I will finally get Samantha to see that I am WORKING, and instead of coming into my office and "bugging" me, she'll come into my office and stand or sit behind me and not say anything. Then if she needs something, say, yolk eggs and toast, and if I don't hop right out of my chair that instant to go make them for her, she'll say, "Oh, never mind, I just won't eat again EVER." Little turd.

The two concerts I have worked so far were concerts where we were required to keep the cap off of people's pop or water. I brought home quite a few caps from the first concert and started a My Coke Rewards account, since each Coke cap is worth three points. The second concert, I actually brought a big grocery sack and brought home maybe 300 or 400 caps, probably half of which are Coke. The deal is you can only enter 10 caps a day. So I've been perusing the rewards to see what I can eventually purchase, and they have this whole set of Rachael Ray cookware, orange colored, totally cool, for 14,000 points. Although I'm sure I won't be able to save up 14,000 points, I do go and look at the cookset from time to time after I've entered my 10 caps for the day. For curiosity's sake, I did a quick calculation and found that if I entered 10 caps a day for 466.666 straight days, I could afford the Rachael Ray cookset. I'm sure no one has ever gotten it, because I do think the points also expire. I know I had some last year, and I never bought anything, and I'm pretty sure those disappeared. What a racket. But they do have quite a few magazines, so I may just start up a few of those.

Mamma Mia the movie starts tomorrow. I went to this show a couple of years ago with my cousin, and when then play was over, the whole theater was standing there shaking their groove things. The cast came back out and did a couple more numbers while everyone cut rugs in the aisles. I remember Melissa and I discussing the whole way home how "We live near a town that gets Broadway musicals. We ought to be doing this once a year." Oh, well. So I told the girls that we are definitely going tomorrow. I need to do something fun where I can stand being around them. I have a four-hour hearing to get done this weekend, and it's not going to be pretty. Plus, I have to work an all-day hiphop concert on Sunday. It's going to be a long weekend, but clearly, not long enough (for work purposes).

No comments: