Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Morning

We got a new coffee pot a couple of months ago, and you can set the time for it to make the coffee. I love getting up and having coffee already made. Except that it's not really hard to dump some water, a filter and grounds in and wait for three minutes, so it does make me feel a little lazy.

One thing that has been bugging me more and more lately is that I use my phone as an alarm clock, so I've always got it next to my bed. So in the mornings, I wake up, put my glasses on and grab my phone to see what time it is. So this morning I SWEAR my phone said 8:32. I listened to some messages and read some texts and pet the cat who had decided that THIS MINUTE is the time for today where she will LOVE someone -- you kind of have to take advantage. Anyway, I got up, threw some shorts on and as I was leaving my bedroom, I looked at my phone again and it said 8:23. So what the hell time was it when I got up that looks so much like 8:32 in my hazy, losing their sight, sleep eyes? If I had the money, I think I'd totally go get eye surgery. The fact that Eric has done it so successfully and it's now, what, six years later? I'd have NO qualms. The doctor who did Eric's surgery has like eight kids who ALL went to Federal Way High School. So when Eric got his surgery, he could count maybe 15 people that he knew personally who had had surgery from this guy. Total confidence.

No comments: