Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kalispell

So far we've had a nice visit here in Kalispell. We went to Whitefish on Friday and had the kids paint dinner dishes for Grandma Jeanne's birthday. When the other two cousins are here in August, we'll get each one of them to paint one, also, so she'll have a set of six.

Saturday we went up to Lake McDonald in Glacier Park. It would have been more fun had there been more beach, but the lake was pretty high. Then last night we ate spaghetti at Grandma's and had s'mores. Jana brought the kittens down for a visit, Starbuck, Boomer and Apollo. All three ended up running up into a tree, with Boomer and Apollo coming pretty much right back down. Starbuck hung around up there for about an hour while we contemplated what to do. Scott finally had to climb up the tallest ladder and grab her out of the tree. Then she and Boomer spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Last year Grandma and Grandpa tried to keep Violet and Skittles, but as soon as the cats figured out they could walk down the road to where their brothers and sisters lived, they quit living here. This morning Skimble, the mother, brought Apollo down to Grandma's and now Starbuck, Boomer and Apollo are all asleep in the garage. I didn't tell my mom. She and Grandpa say they only want two cats, but I think they'll end up with three or none.

It's supposed to hit 98 degrees here today. I don't care. Anything above, say, 70 is too hot. Scott and I started watching the Euro Cup 2008 finals, Germany and Spain. I watched about 36 minutes of the game, then went to mom's house so she and I could go to Costco. In the approximately three minutes it took for me to walk from Jana's to mom's, Spain scored the one and only goal. Wouldn't you know it.

I bought a blue tooth hands-free visor attachment for the car, since it's illegal starting July 1st to put a phone to your ear in Washington. It seems like it's going to be a huge pain in the ass. I guess it's somewhat admirable that Washington is taking the bull by the horns in deciding to make cell phones illegal in the car, but (and I don't mean this to sound like I'm bragging) there are SO MANY other things I can do in my car that I think, Man, I can't believe I'm driving like this. Not that it would be any easier to make eating or writing a check in your car illegal. I'm just saying, I don't think it's going to make such a huge difference.

No comments: