Monday, June 2, 2008

It Happened Again

Well, the first weekend of the soccer league placement tournament was last weekend in the Tri-Cities. We left Friday afternoon and got home last night at 11:30. So imagine my chagrin when I start checking out the usual websites and blogs that I regularly peruse, only to discover that almost no one has updated their site since I last checked them out on Friday! How dare nothing interesting happen when I'm gone for a whole 48 hours. Why does it feel like I was gone at least a week?

Saturday night I woke up in the hotel room at 1:30, tried not to panic, and read for an hour. Then I panicked and worried for the next two hours about how I was going to have to drive home four hours on Sunday night, with only four hours of sleep to back me up, Alex asleep and twitching in the passenger seat next to me, and Samantha snoozing and grinding away at her enamel in the back. Then we got up this morning, took Sam to school, Alex to the orthodontist, got home, discovered that I have to be at the concert venue at 4:30 this afternoon for training on how to sell water and pop to Iron Maiden fans. So I'm assuming I'll be getting home tonight after 11:00, hopefully no later. Then I have to be hitting the road at 7:30 in the morning to work in Port Orchard, my standing first-Tuesday-of-the-month job. I'm assuming I'll be home tomorrow around noon and out for the rest of the day. So do NOT try to contact me and invite me out for dinner and a show, because I will be TOO tired.

No comments: