Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Vomitorium

So the other night when I ran upstairs to check on Samantha to discover that she had puked all over the down comforter on my bed, her pajamas, my floor, Eric's shirt, then some on the bathroom floor as we ran to the toilet, then some more on the back of the toilet seat, I remember thinking, "This place is like a vomitorium."

A vomitorium (plural: vomitoria) is a passage situated below or behind a tier of seats in an amphitheatre, through which crowds can "spew out" at the end of a performance. A commonly held, but false, belief is that Ancient Romans designated spaces called vomitoria for the purpose of actual vomiting, as part of a binge and purge cycle.

So you see, my bedroom/bathroom was actually NOTHING like a real vomitorium. My room was more like a room covered in vomit.

No comments: