Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday night

So the Firecats had a practice tonight. I swear they have an approximate 20-minute attention span. But it went okay. At least they had fun. I guess that's probably what I'll be telling myself all through this season, "At least they had fun". ALTHF. We can have that put on a shirt or something. But I don't think the team we play tomorrow is as good as either of the teams we lost to, so maybe that's a bonus. We'll see.

Alex's team, naturally, plays also at noon. So once again, she won't be there to help me, and I won't get to watch her, which I've actually been looking forward to more and more this year. Someone was explaining that her team last year was this good (raising his hand about a foot off the table), and her team this year started down here at this good (raising his hand about a quarter of that high). Therefore, her team this year can improve about 9 inches, while her team last year has to work equally as hard to only improve a couple of inches. Which totally makes sense, and it's way more impressive when you SEE what he was talking about. But I really feel like they have been improving, and I'm excited to see what happens for them this season.

I worked a deposition on Thursday in my kitchen over the phone. For some reason, I was WAY more nervous than actually getting dressed and driving to some attorney's office. In the end it went fine, but I did sit and worry about some neighbor ringing the doorbell or my husband and daughter coming home and yelling something. Then I realized I really wanted to turn on the air conditioner and so I had to sneak over and do it, trying not to make any noise.

We are going to try a new church on Sunday. This is the church Samantha's teacher goes to. My only issue is that I'd like to go to the 10:30 service, while Eric wants to go early to "get it out of the way", I'm assuming. But I guess since it's right there in Enumclaw and we can leave ten minutes before it starts, maybe 9:00 will be okay.

I've started going back to Curves again after taking most of the summer off. It feels good to get back at it. My shoulders still hurt from the awesome header I took off the raft on Bonecrusher Rapid this summer in Montana, so I am being careful there. Here I am, working out to feel better, and then there Eric is, working out and losing 12 pounds in about a week and a half. It's so not fair...

No comments: