Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Update

Well, the Firecats (Samantha's soccer team that Alex and I coach) had their first two games this weekend in the soccer jamboree. We got creamed both times. Alex couldn't be there because she had a game in Redmond at noon, so it was just me. Not sure how much I'm going to like coaching, especially because I don't feel like I can help them much. It might have been a little different if Alex had been there. One of the other coaches was yelling stuff to his team, and I had NO idea what the hell he was talking about. Samantha might even be the star, except for the drama. She had to come out of the second game with a "CONCUSSION". Actually, she had stayed home from school with what seemed to be a horrible cold the day before. So I'm not surprised it caught up to her on the soccer field. However, I'm pretty sure she meant she was congested, not that she had a concussion. Anyway, we'll see how the season goes. I'm pretty sure this will be my last foray into the world of coaching.

Saturday night I worked at the Santana concert. Way different, older crowd, equally as nice as the nicest metal fans. One of the bonuses was that we didn't have to keep their caps. I guess the powers that be don't think of Santana fans as any sort of threat. You would think this might upset me, seeing as how I've been faithfully entering codes from the last concert I worked in my My Coke Rewards. I even actually purchased two $25 gift cards from eBags, one for me and one for my sister. Anyway, it was SO nice not to have to try and explain that stupid rule time and time again that I didn't even mind not getting any caps from that show. I actually came home with two bags of caps from the last show, so it was all good. And there are two more concerts!

No comments: