Wednesday, September 17, 2008

T.V. So Far

Before this fall T.V. season started, I borrowed Supernatural seasons 1 and 2 from my sister to try to catch up on. I also started watching Bones on hulu.com, which is a great site to watch all kinds of T.V. series. I haven't even checked out the movies yet, but they seriously have TONS of series that you can watch, and they don't need to be downloaded. So I'm somewhere in the middle of season 2 of both Bones and Supernatural, both really good shows. I think this may be the reason I feel like the fall T.V. shows kind of snuck up on me. I just don't feel prepared! Under no circumstances, though, can I put down in print on this blog all the shows I plan to try out. It would make some people question my ability to parent and/or exist in this society, due to the fact that I must have NO time on my hands, what with all the T.V. I watch or am planning to watch. TiVo has helped immensely because now an hour-long show is only 45 minutes. It doesn't take long for a show to fall off the radar for me, and once it's gone, it's gone for good, usually, (except it is REALLY hard to give up shows that have turned to CRAP, i.e., Grey's Anatomy, when they keep hiring people I want to watch.)

TERMINATOR - SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES -- I still love this show. Of course, I can come up with one or two scenes in every episode that I think are lame, but overall, this is a great, usually action-packed series. Brian Austin Greene is the next Patrick Dempsey, I think. How fair is that, that a geek can grow up so good-looking and actually get better and better?

PRIVILEGED -- I really like this show, mostly because we are big Reba fans here, and the girl who played Cheyenne on Reba plays the main character Megan. Plus I think she's a pretty strong character and usually doesn't follow what I consider are the usual T.V. cliches. I am afraid, though, that it might not hold my interest enough to go, Oh, no, Privileged is on and I forgot to TiVo it, which usually does not bode well.

FRINGE -- I really liked the first episode - totally creepy. I think I've TiVo'd the second ep., I just haven't watched it yet. But I will, because J.J. Abrams is behind it and the first one was so good.

GREY'S ANATOMY -- I know this hasn't started yet, but right after I decided NOT to watch it this season, they hired Kevin McKidd, so I hate to say it, but I will be checking it out.

DANCING WITH THE STARS -- The main reason I am NOT planning on watching DWTS is because the premiere week is planning three nights of it. I don't have time, and it really makes me mad that they think that I do. Plus, we've hit the point where the professional dancers are the stars, instead of the "celebrities". The dancing last time wasn't good enough, either. Kristi Yamaguchi was technically good, but there was no WOW factor, I felt. So I think I'll leave that show to my daughter and I'll pick it up again somewhere around week 6.

CRUSOE -- Alex and I are totally excited about this show, but I'm probably the one that will end up watching it. She has a bit of a pirate obsession, and in one of the previews, someone said the word "pirate". But she's 13 and I still see her choosing dog shows on Animal Planet or cartoons before other stuff.

THE SITCOMS -- 30 Rock (hysterical and great quotes), Big Bang Theory (ditto), How I Met Your Mother, and The Office. I am going to give Kath & Kim a try because of the buzz, and Worst Week because it's a British import and British T.V. RULES.

That's all for now...

No comments: