Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter chitchat

Yesterday, at the in-laws for Easter, Grandma and Grandpa gave each of the grandkids some money for their college accounts ($600). They did this last year as well, and it's so nice. Anyway, they also give the kids money in their eggs instead of candy because one of the grandkids has diabetes. So each grandkid got $25. Samantha has got this thing lately of wanting to have "cash" in her purse. She was waving the $25 around (three fives and 10 ones) the rest of the afternoon. Then after she opened the check for college, she handed it to me and said, "Here, put this in my REGULAR account." Not bloody likely, small fry. That thing goes straight into your college account. But I thought it was cute that she tried or that she thought she had an option. Then I told her I would keep the $25 in my purse until we got home, and she said, "Yeah, I bet this is enough money for shoes that I WANT that I can pay for myself." Do you think this might turn into some sort of problem for me? What six year old gets $25 for a gift and wants to buy shoes?

No comments: