Saturday, February 2, 2008

Weekend, so far...

Well, this weekend Alex has two state cup soccer games. Normally, I suppose this would be exciting, but in this instance, I'm hoping for a quick exit from the tournament. Soccer has been going non-stop (she even had a practice January 1st, the only team there) since oh, I think April? Let's just say I'm pretty over it. They are guaranteed four games. I think the first three are for seeding purposes, and then after that it's loser out. Eric went to her game today, mostly because the game tomorrow is in Seattle somewhere at 1:00. In case this hasn't occurred to anyone, the Super Bowl is at 3:00. I mean, I pay little to no attention, AT ALL, to NFL football, and I'm not even sure who is in the Super Bowl, but even I like a good Super Bowl party. So I've found somewhere for Samantha to spend the afternoon (seeing as how there's like a 95 percent chance it will rain at some point during the game), and I'm sucking it up and taking one for the team, me being the person who will take Alex to the game, sit and watch and support her, and shuttle her home afterwards.

Right before Eric left for the game, he said, "I suppose the girls may want to go to dinner tonight, huh?" I seriously had no idea what he was talking about. Then I remembered, tonight is the annual Father/Daughter dance in Enumclaw. Yee-haw! I totally forgot. So I think while they are all at the dance, I just may don my very best sweats and mosey on down to the local theater and check out a movie. Or I may just stay home and lay in bed and switch the channels on my new flat-screen 32-inch bedroom TV around and around and around, since there is nothing on and I'm too lazy to get up and put in a dvd. Either option, Yay Me!

No comments: